Search This Blog

Monday, April 18, 2016

American Jews and Israel

As an North American Jew I am able to understand and see the discomfort that North American Jews face in Israel. With being blamed for the decline in Judaism and not living culturally Jewish. I think that that is not fully true. Yes North American Jews are more assimilated and aren't as culturally Jewish, however North American Jews seem to me to be more religious than Israelis that aren't any type of orthodoxy. I think that I am a decently religious Reform Jew in America. I don't take part in shabbat at home but I uphold the moral and ethical values of Judaism. Judaism has and will always be a huge part of my life. Israel already thinks that I am not a respectable Jew because I am a Modern Reform Jew. Israel does try and make it a safe place for us North American Jews but also says that we Jews aren't Jews because of intermarriage, interfaith relationships, and other things that North American Jews tend to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment