Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Rabbi Callie

Back at home in California, one of my favorite Rabbi's is leaving my temple, Peninsula Temple Beth-El. Her name is Rabbi Callie Schulman. This is a big event to me not only because this is the 2nd time one of my favorite Rabbi's is leaving, but a huge and important person in our community is leaving. Rabbi Callie is very special to me because she has made a big impact on me as a person. She has helped me mature through out my high school and helped me find my Jewish identity. Rabbi Callie is the person in charge of the teen youth at my temple. She has helped out with some of our TYG events and with our Wednesday Night Program (WNP). I believe that without Rabbi Callie there, the whole WNP will change but then again whenever there is something new, things change. I am excited to see the new change that will happen at my temple and can't wait to be apart of it. However, I am sad because Rabbi Callie won't be able to help and see me finish off my high school career. Rabbi Callie is an amazing person and Rabbi and any congregation that gets her will be lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment